Thursday, November 8, 2007

My High School Car



There is a special feeling in an Oldsmobile... more than the luxury ride it's the feeling of pride when you get in side...

OK, I have to admit, I troll craigslist a little too much. I found this beauty for sale in Ballard - it's only $700 - a 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88.

My mother bought a car just like this in 1984. I drove it from 1992 - 1998 - we sold it when I got the Accord. To this day Joanne says "That was a really good car for you."

Anyway, because it was so cheap, I did think about it, but what would I do with it? It would collect dust/rust on the street.

Even though it wasn't a neat car, just a big old 80's boat, it is the feature of one of my recurring dreams - maybe once a month of so I have a dream that I am driving the Olds... now's my chance to actually do it!!!

I can admit that I did go on craigslist to look for 80's cars for my friends - I thought that I would get a blue Datsun B210 for Erin, and a green Chevy Beretta for Kelly. Maybe I could find a LeCar for Jane and an RX-7 for Katie!

1 comment:

Diana G. Garcia said...

Do you have any idea how many people can fit inside that car??? I remember it was the hole SMU DLI classroom! HAHAHAHA! good times!