Saturday, September 22, 2007

College Football


Well, it's 9:30 in the morning, and I'm listening to 1150 AM - the Nebraska vs Ball State game is just getting underway. Anyone who knows me must find this hard to believe - I mean come on - I have never even been to a professional football game in my life. I did take in a couple of Gopher games in Minnesota - but Erin S. had to shush me in the stands when I asked her - "how many players are there on the field at a given time?" I guess that if I had spent more time in front of the TV versus in the kitchen with that breadmaker, I would have understood better.

Anyway, becoming a Cornhusker fan is just part of the domestic partnership agreement (Marc even made me sign a document that would guarantee that we could paint a big N in the living room). Last weekend we went to the Nebraska fan bar aka the "Lucky 7" in Kirkland, WA. Nebraska lost to USC, unfortunately. Today we have our radio tuned to see who the victors will be. GO BIG RED!!!

Hope all is well - more to come about our weekend adventures - we have a Terrapins or Blue Devils fan staying with us through Sunday - not sure what teams she roots for, but maybe we can make her a Cornhusker for the weekend!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Mike: With this season's Husker defense, you may have gotten yourself into a stressful dedication. :-)