Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gettin' back in the groove of posting

Well, I'm supposed to be living up to my Seattle life by being a regular poster on our blog, but this has not happened. Oh well! My summer work schedule cleared up significantly July 1, so this should make a difference!

Marc and I have made an effort to discover as much of the country as the sun comes out this summer. This last weekend we went to the San Juan Islands - specifically Friday Harbor. It was pretty neat. We drove from Seattle to Anacortes, parked the car, then took our bikes on the Ferry. We spent one day kayaking and one day biking. A very relaxing trip!

Parking kayaks at Dead Man's Cove



Overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca from the American Camp.
This was a fort that was built by the Americans when they were fighting the Brits over the US-Canadian border - recall that San Juan Island is across from Vancouver Island.

1 comment:

BeeARawFoodie said...

Mike -- You look happy! I can't wait to read what the new Exciting News will be! Ooooh! Ooooh! Do tell! Okay, I'll wait, and just enjoy the West Coast Scenery. Its nice to keep in touch through your pics Mike & Marc.
Becky C