Saturday, May 30, 2009

Truck Horn


Well, when I got my truck, the horn didn't work. While I can fine nearly any remanufactured replacement part on-line, no one seems to make 6 volt horns anymore (except for moped horns). Anyway, GM used 6 volt electrical systems until 1954, then converted to 12 volt. I still have the original 6 volt system which is fine for now. I found this horn on E-bay - it is a 1930s Acorn trumpet horn - for about $35 (including S&H). Last weekend I put it in the truck. It's nice to have a horn! The truck doesn't accelerate or stop as well as new vehicles - so it's nice to have a horn to alert other drivers that they need to watch out for me! This weekend I will work on the window lifters. The windows have fallen out of track and don't go up and down as easily as they should. More to come!

1 comment:

BeeARawFoodie said...

I love the horn!!!!
That's the happiest noise I've heard featured anywhere!
And *sigh* just hearing you makes me miss you even more than I did before.
And keen-o on the editing guys!