Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch and Gas Works Park





Whew - I've been told that I've been a bit behind at not posting regularly enough, so I will try to post multiple times this week to catch up.

Well, Katie and Emilie (Mike's sister and niece) came to visit, so we drove to Monroe, WA out to Baylor Farm to pick up some pumpkins. I should note that we first stopped for a picnic along the Skyhomish River. We then arrived at the farm, were greeted by a bassegle (beagle basset cross), and then got behind a tractor for a hay ride down to the pumpkin patch along the river. There we picked out 3 pumpkins totaling 100 lbs which we brought home. The next afternoon Marc, Katie, Emilie, and I carved our pumpkins. They certainly turned out well! Marc's already posted a pic (see post from 10/31/07).

That Sunday, Katie, Emilie and I took a trip on the bus (Emilie's first trip) down to Gas Works Park. It's an old refinery/SUPERFUND site at the edge of Lake Union. Emilie snapped a pic of Katie and I on the hill north of Downtown.

All in all, a great visit!

No comments: